First, in order to ascertain a superior muscular output, workouts require standardization:
- the same exercises,
- in the same order,
- at the same pace,
- the exerciser positioned identically each time,
- repetitions performed in identical manner.
It’s virtually impossible to control those factors in a health club setting. What looks like progression may actually be an alteration in one of these many factors.
Second, the exercise apparatus must accommodate an increase in resistance level that’s achievable. I might be able to go from 100 pounds to 101 pounds, but the next step on the machine or an additional plate on the barbell is probably 105 – which I can’t do, and so I never progress.
With ViiV, there is precision.
- There’s easy replication of body positioning.
- There’s no-one to get into the way between exercises.
- There’s no perceptible movement, eliminating rep speed, range of motion, turn-around execution, and concern about possible body contortions.
- Force output is recorded one pound at a time. The screen displays a previous best, prompting an all-out effort to exceed it.
Third, with all these aforementioned concerns eliminated, whomever is supervising can concentrate on coaching an element often unknown to novice trainees, and frequently overlooked by the rest of us – breathing.
Many exercisers lock themselves up by holding their breath under exertion. Not only is this hazardous to blood pressure and potentially catastrophic if there is an aneurysm present, but it also blunts force output. I demonstrated this to trainees I supervised hundreds if not thousands of times. Lamaze facilitates both safety and maximum effort, but if it came naturally there wouldn’t be classes for expectant couples.
Two minutes per week contracting on a ViiV may – or may not – provide superior outcomes to those of us with firm fitness habits. But there’s no doubting its efficacy for at least the vast majority suffering a sedentary lifestyle.
If you’re an exercise pro, an integrative medicine practitioner, a nursing home director or wellness-conscious employer, let me help you evaluate ViiV Rx Prescription Strength.